Abekas Releases Mira V5.5.0 Software
July 15, 2015
Multiple Export Destinations dialog screen, which the Mira Replay users specify up to nine Export Destinations (Click for larger view)
We here at Abekas are constantly improving the Mira Server software and are pleased to announce the release of version 5.5.0 software. Packed full of new features designed to improve operational speed and workflow efficiency.
Version 5.5.0 is available for both Mira Instant Replay and Mira Production multi-channel servers. As has been our policy since day one at Abekas, this brand-new Mira software release is available free of charge to all existing customers.
You may download the V5.5.0 Software Release Notes here.
You may download the V5.5.0 Software Installation executable here.
Following is a summary of the major new features:
- Multiple Export Destinations: Define up to nine Export Destinations; and export media files to any one of them from either the Mira Explorer or Mira Control Surface user interfaces. These export destinations are defined in a new and expanded “Export Configuration” dialog in Mira Explorer.
- Export Playlists as either ONE or MANY Media Files: Export Playlists from Mira Control Surface as either “Multiple media files” (as is now the case); or as a “Single media file”. This decision is defined as part of each Export Destination.
- Heads & Tails on Exported Media Files: Users may add 5:00 “handles” (also known as “heads and tails”) to exported media files. This decision is defined as part of each Export Destination
- Fast Export from Mira Control Surface: From the Mira Control Surface, export a clip or an entire playlist of clips to any of the pre-defined Export Destinations. A single clip can be exported from any mode of operation in which both the “CAMERA” softkeys are present and a stored clip is present: tap SHIFT + CAMERA softkey to export that clip. This will work during LIVE EE, PLAYBACK, CLIP PLAY, PL EDIT and VUE MARKS modes. If only one Export Destination is defined, then the export occurs immediately. If there is more than one Export Destination defined, then a new set of softkeys are presented which provide a single-button tap to the defined Export Destinations. Exporting an entire playlist works the same as in V5.0.9 software.
- Import and Export to Native Formats (DVCPro or AVC-I) without using Video Channel: When importing from a media file or exporting to a media file that matches the native recording format of the Mira server, then a video channel is no longer required. This allows “background” import and export operations.
- Replay Event Templates: Allows users to SAVE and LOAD pre-defined Replay Events templates, in which all parameters are defined for the given Replay Event. We have moved the “Clip Naming Softkeys” out of the Mira Control Surface “User Setup” menu, and into this new Replay Event Template file.
Modify Replay Event Wizard dialog screen, which shows the step where the operator defines the “Clip Naming Softkeys” that are used in the Mira Control Surface when the Replay Event is opened on the panel. (Click for larger view)
- Modify Replay Event: While a Replay Event is active (or not), it’s now possible to right-click on that Replay Event in the Mira Explorer Clip Library and select “Modify Event” from the pop-up list. A new Wizard dialog appears, which allows the user to change such things as the “Camera Names” and the “Clip Naming Softkey Labels”. The user may also apply a stored Mira Control Surface “User Setup” file to this Replay Event (see next item).
- Replay Event “User Setup” Files: All the user-customizable parameters found in the Mira Control Surface “User Setup” menu (accessed with MARK+SCROLL) can now be SAVED and LOADED to as many User Setup files as desired. As noted in item (6) above, the Clip Naming Softkeys have been removed from the User Setup.
- Mira Explorer New Playlist Functions: Added new functionality to its Playlist feature to better handle STILLS. Users can also define “@START” and “@END” flags to each item in the playlist—much like how Mira Control Surface works in the Replay GUI.